145% increase in organic traffic
86 keywords in TOP 1-3 positions
181% increase in leads
Australian-based private detective agency.
* As this client works in a highly competitive niche, his request was to remain anonymous as he is worried that disclosing details could lead to his SEO strategy being stolen by competitors. At VW, we always put the customer first – so this case study will be presented without mentioning the client’s name.
Every client wants to increase the website’s organic traffic with different goals. In this case, our client wanted to increase organic traffic to get more leads.
However, to achieve this goal, we had to overcome several challenges. Here they are:
- Develop an SEO strategy tailored to the client’s needs;
Our client provides private investigator services across Australia. That’s why we were tasked with developing an SEO strategy that would increase organic traffic for each of Australia’s states.
- Focus on the keywords related to Sydney.
The client asked us to pay additional attention to the keywords related to Sydney, as he wanted to get as many leads from there as possible.
Based on these challenges, we started to develop an SEO strategy.
To overcome the first challenge, we decided to create several landing pages targeting state-specific keywords.
After that, we started an optimization process with an additional focus on keywords related to Sydney.
The optimization process included the following:
- On-site optimization: we optimized pages for state-specific keywords, optimized title tags, meta descriptions and headings;
- Technical SEO optimization: we optimized site speed and performed some other technical tasks to ensure that the website was crawlable and had no technical issues;
- Off-site optimization: we created a linkbuilding strategy that allowed us to build a robust backlink profile and improved the website’s rankings.
Such a comprehensive approach allowed us to achieve long-term SEO success.
Launching an SEO campaign at the beginning of September 2018, we didn’t expect to see quick results for several reasons:
- The niche was competitive;
- There was a need for additional landing page development.
However, once the landing pages were ready and got indexed by Google, we saw great results.
Organic traffic increased significantly, leading to an increase in leads. According to GA, the number of leads has increased by 181% from 265 to 744 accordingly.
Search visibility has increased from 8.8 in September 2018 to 95 in July 2022. Rank tracker also shows that the average position of the website in SERPs is 4 for July 2022.
And last but not least, the statistics concern keyword rankings. As a result of our efforts, keywords were ranked in the following top positions:
- 86 keywords achieved TOP 1-3 positions on Google;
- 103 keywords achieved TOP 4-10 positions on Google;
- 108 keywords achieved TOP 11-20 positions on Google.